My, My, I think I just made my favorite card! :)
Here shows the back:) It was my first try on the text background but it was too busy for the card. Polka dot from Tim Holtz.
Card Base: 4-1/4” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
Center piece: 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” (ATC size)
1. Stamp Hero Arts “Envelope Pattern” on card base with “Tea Dye”
2. Stamp sentiment from My Mind’s Eye “Black Bird” stamp to create background with “Peeled Paint”; Clear Emboss
3. Ink the entire piece with “Rusty Hinge” and “Vintage Photo”; Highlight main sentiment with black pen.
4. Stamp the witch, zombie and spiders onto ATC; Paper piece the clothes; Color in; Add Stardust to belt and screws.
5. Ink the entire piece with “Rusty Hinge” and “Vintage Photo”; Stamp “You’re Invited”; Apply glassy accent to spiders
6. Add ribbon bits and adhere to card base.
I colored the spiders first with orange dye marker then Copic black 100. Wait until dry to use colorless blender to create polk dots:)
When embossing with Distress Inks, the result is not smooth but like little dots (probably because the stamp set is one of those lower quality ones that the ink has pooled up) But for this card, it create an interesting texture. For this type of stamps, use an eraser to condition them before use will help. Pigment inks work better on them.
I didn’t think of adding the black border to the sentiment until very last because the card was not quite balanced. Love this effect, reminds me of those pretty neon lights at night.
All the stamps used on the front are from”Black Bird” . I got it with the following stamps this Fall. This is my first Paper Smooches stamps. Impressed with the quality and the images are so big and beautiful – want to ink up every one of them!
Thanks to the card challenges below, inspiring and fun!