Hey everyone! Lorena here with a new installment of our Five for Friday feature. June is almost here, and that means many of you will soon be celebrating Father’s Day, so I thought a little tribute to all daddies was in order. Today, I chose images that either spoke to my heart, made me laugh or sparked ideas for Father’s Day cards and gifts. Enjoy!
- A beautiful image. I think this one doesn’t need words… Such a strong and meaningful caption!
- I love this hammer gift idea! It’s perfect for the Mr Fix It All in your life and the perfect complement for this gift would be (guess it?) a handmade card with our Hey Mr stamp set. It has the perfect images for Father’s Day!
- Many men have a sweet tooth, and this cupcakes fit the bill perfectly for the celebration. I’ll have one myself, please ;)
- Baking is not your thing? I’ve got you covered, too! Here’s another sweet and super easy idea that can be perfectly replicated with our Bowtiful stamp set, Bowtiful Additions stamp set and Bowtiful dies.
- Finally, a gift that made me laugh. I think one of the best bonds that can develop between a father and his children is the sense of humor.
The occasion, of course, calls for a card! I know many crafters struggle when it comes to masculine cards. Want my opinion? Stop worrying! Men won’t notice that the cardstock doesn’t coordinate perfectly with that enamel dot, they won’t notice that super duper tiny ink smudge, they won’t notice that you didn’t use the latest and greatest and trendiest stamp set. Instead, what they will notice is that their beloved daughter, granddaughter, wife, daughter in law or whatever is giving them a handmade card crafted with love. That’s the only thing that matters :)
That said, here’s my card for today. It’s a one layer card!
I combined the tools, stars and “Dad” sentiment from Hey Mr stamp set with the solid scribble from Doily Square
stamp set and the “It’s your day!” from Congrats
stamp set. That scribble is SO perfect for grounding a sentiment or other images!
First, I stamped the scribble and the sentiment. Then I masked the scribble and stamped the tools and stars (Waffle Flower inks used: 1/New Leaf, 13/Malibu and 16/Sunshine)
As a last touch I glittered the bigger stars using a silver Wink of Stella
pen. The glitter doesn’t show well in the pics, but it’s there!
Thank you so much for stopping by and happy weekend!
Thank you for sharing with us today, Lorena! We love that you mixed our newest sets with Hey Mr. Stamp Set from our very first release! :) You are so right about what guys care about a card! LOL
Find time to create and make something today!