Hello friends! Lorena here for a new edition of Five for Friday. Today, let’s talk about frames. For centuries, frames have been used to showcase works of art, especially paintings. Those antique frames, though, can be real works of art themselves thanks to their amazing ornate carvings. And of course, frames constitute a versatile element of design, from architecture to prints.
Here are some frame related images than caught my eye:
- Combine my love of books with my love of frames and this is what you get. Pretty amazing, uh?
- As I said above, a frame can be a work of art itself. Look at this one. Isn’t it beautiful? And the idea of using a frame to showcase a beloved teddy bear? Genius!
- Frames can also become an element of design. This “wall full of pretty empty frames” decorative idea has been around for some time now. I’ve seen it done with bright colored frames, black frames, black and white… I particularly love this take, with white frames against a dark grey wall.
- They can be found in typography and calligraphy, too. In this beautiful print, the frame encases a gorgeous handwritten quote and helps the eye by drawing attention to the focal point.
- Finally, a frame –particularly when used as an element of design- isn’t necessarily made of carved wood. Here we have, for example, a lovely floral frame.
Frames can be a super versatile element in paper crafting, too. They can be used to draw attention to a pic in a scrapbooking layout, and also to a sentiment in a card. Not to mention that with all the “shaker” cards and tags craze, frames can be found everywhere, lately!
I made a card with a floral frame using blooms from Lotus stamp set
. I colored the flowers with Copic markers. The boldness of the frame gives a nice contrast with the simple sentiment inside and the flowers are so beautifully designed that they steal the show without needing a single embellishment on the card.
By the way, other Waffle Flower products that come to mind as great for incorporating frames to your designs are Bowtiful Adittions
and Doily Square
stamp sets, as well as Doily Square
die, Flower Circles
die set and Surface – Tag Die – Scallop add on
Thank you so much for stopping by and happy weekend!