Free Chinese Takeout Box Template (Treat Box) – Refined!

UPDATE 21/Sep/2011: I refined the template. Do remember to choose “Fit to Page” in printer settings :) Enjoy!

UPDATE: I went a little crazy and made this pile: Printed on 6×6 pattern paper (chose 4”x6” size in printer settings) Now only need to find time to decorate them:)

Tiny Takeout Boxes

I scanned a real takeout box and made this template today. The original size is 10”x10”  before folding. This template is for Letter sized paper so most home printers can print. Finished size: 2.5” x 2.5” x 1.75”. I was too lazy to glue the flaps: #10 staples used here:

They will make great Halloween Treat Boxes too!

Halloween Treat Box

Stamps:

Lawn Fawn – Hats Off to You

Studio Calico – Labels

A little tip for a professional looking crisp fold: Pre-score all the fold lines, using a scoring tool or back of your craft knife. :)

Download Template from Craftsy! (Support this blog by registering at Craftsy.)

Download Here (If you just want the pattern)

UPDATE: 02/19/2012 – I just found out that Lifestyle Crafts has a Take-out Box Die! Perfect for mass production! All you need to worry about is how to decorate your box! And you can use the code WAFFLE to get 20% off everything there.

Enjoy~~~

, , ,

29 Responses to Free Chinese Takeout Box Template (Treat Box) – Refined!

1. 1
    Nina says:

I am so happy that so many people have downloaded my template :”) I just have to brag: I just got a referral from google.co.za~ South Africa, wow! My template travels further than I do! lol

2. 2
  3. 3
    Fabiola says:

Descargada desde Mexico, gracias!

4. 4
    Julissa says:

Donwload from Honduras, great idea for my kid´s party

5. 5
    Monica says:

GREAT!!! THANK YOU!!!!

6. 6
    Joy Joyslife says:

Nina, I just tweeted about your awesome Takeout Box file! I love it!

7. 7
    ecraecs says:

Love it. want to recycle lots of old greeting cards

8. 8
    kuhzoo says:

its too small for what i want to do! i want to put a cupcake in it. any other ideas?

• 8.1
      Nina says:

Hello Kuhzoo,

Thank you for visiting my blog.

The template is intended for hobby crafting. I would suggest buying the ready-made take-out boxes at stores (come in several different sizes and are usually $1 or less each) You can still cover it with paper before you fold it into shape.

The template is designed for printing on most home printers – US letter size (or A4) at maximum. If you have a larger format printer, you can set a bigger scale or even “Fill Entire Page” in your printer settings (please refer to your user manual for How-tos). You can also try take it to a store to print it on a larger format.

Good luck and happy crafting!

Nina

• 8.2
      Barbara McLaughlin says:

My HP printer offers other settings so I can manipulate the final size. I clicked on the print-on-4-pages option so each of the four sides was on a page by itself. I can then slide the 4 sheets to meet in the middle (the bottom of the box), tape them together and place them on the larger paper I want to use for the box. My printer paper is 8 1/2 x 11 but when I slide the 4 pages together I can fit them to my 12 x 12 designer paper I’ll use to make the box. Check your Printer Properties and see what options your printer can accomodate.

9. 9
    Yvonne says:

10. 10
    Luz says:

Thanks ,from PR.

11. 11
    Linda says:

Nina,

Very cute little box. I couldn’t find an email box on your blog, but would like to know how you used the 8.5 x 11 template with 6×6 paper.

12. 12
    Debby says:

Thank you so much for these. We are going to attempt them for wedding favor boxes!

13. 13
    Wanda says:

Si yuus maase from Guam! Will be used for center pieces for a Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet!

14. 14
    Lola Banks says:

Gosh! Thanks for this beautiful box. I am a student in San Francisco , CA and I needed some templates. for takeout containers for class. This saved me a lot of money for my advertising major. My university wanted me to go to a store and dismantle a takeout container. I am in college working through it. The only takeout container I want to buy is full of food!

15. 15

Thank you soooooooo much ! This is awesome !!!!!

16. 16
    Allyson Marcelo says:

Thank you, your website is very helpful!!!

17. 17
    Lobke says:

Wonderfull thank you so so much > South Afica

18. 18
    gilang says:

very helpful thank you! what paper type you use?

19. 19
    cara says:

love it!!!! thank u!!!!!!!

20. 20
    david says:

Is there any way to have the ability to edit this template in a vector-based drawing program?

• 20.1
      Nina says:

Hi David, thank you for asking. This template is intended for hobby crafting only. If you are a design student and you have a vector-based drawing program, I would suggest that you draw one yourself. As I said in the post, I scanned the template. I do not own the design.

21. 21
    Cecilia says:

Perfect! Downloading this in El Salvador using take out boxes for my jewlery sales!

22. 22
    major brazil says:

Hi Nina
    I From BRAZIL, we need the passaword to import than in Corel program…
    many thanks

• 22.1
      Nina says:

Hi, thank you for your interest. The template is intended for printing out as a template only. Thank you for asking.

Comment?