Free 3D Christmas Tree Templates (PDF & .studio Versions)

My first Silhouette project to share:) 3D Tree original design: Cartonus (New Year)

Click here to download Silhouette Studio Cut File (.studio)

Click here to download the printable template (.pdf)

Supplies besides paper: Silhouette (or Printer + Scissors + Scoring Tool), Glue

[Optional]: Stamp, Punch, Tooth Pick, Twine

IMG 0856

Assembly Steps:

1. (Print and) Cut the template on card stock or patterned paper. Score the score lines if using the printable version.

IMG 0839

2. [Optional] Stamp.  Or adhere patterned paper panels to the tree fronts. leaving a 1/16” border on all sides.

IMG 0840

3. Fold the fold lines: Valley Fold as the four arrows shown; Others: Mountain Fold.

IMG 0842

4. (Stamp the tree before you) Glue both branchy edges together.

IMG 0844

5. Put the piece with NO FLAP down first.

IMG 0845

6. Then tuck down the piece with big flaps. Keep the two small flaps out as shown.

IMG 0846

7. Tuck the small flaps in.

IMG 0847

8. [Optional] make the star top. I punched two stars from scrap and glued a tooth pick in between them.

IMG 0848

9. Ooh la la~ A super cute Christmas Tree. The tooth pick fits right in!

IMG 0851

10. Decorate however way you want! Remember: if you want to stamp on the tree, do it before Step 4.

IMG 0852

I made a little tag to go with it for Just Us Girls Sketch Challenge. But I think I like it plain. Well, we have two sides! :”)

IMG 0855

I just love Christmas Crafting. My DH has been playing Christmas songs since he saw the trees. Have Fun!

, , , , ,

26 Responses to Free 3D Christmas Tree Templates (PDF & .studio Versions)

1. 1
    Clare G says:

Just found your blog -your tree is great, I can’t wait to try one out!

2. 2
    Lisa Kind says:

I love templates and this one knocked my socks off! Love it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

3. 3

What a wonderful project! I’m a brand new Silhouette Cameo owner and also want to THANK YOU for sharing the file! :)

4. 4

These are great!!

5. 5

What a fun project – great tutorial also! Thanks for playing with the JUGS challenge~

6. 6
    Lynn says:

Love your trees! Thanks so much for the step by step directions! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

7. 7
    peggyjoyce says:

Love those trees! Have considered a Silhouette but since I’m a Mac user I’ve hesitated….think I’ll check out the vendor you mentioned (Oh My Crafts) and see what they’ve got, maybe I’ll take the plunge.
    BTW, great tutorial photos, very easy and clear directions. Nice work.

• 7.1
      Nina R. says:

Hi Peggy, I am on Mac too! I thought that is why we want silhouette because they have a Mac version. There will be a Illustrator plugin for Lion 15th this month. Before that I am using Robomaster in Paralleled Desktop Windows:)

Sent from my iPhone

8. 8

Outstanding 3D trees! I love how you made them and the tutorial is so great! What a wonderful share. Thanks so much for playing along this week in the Just Us Girls triangle sketch challenge!

9. 9
    Laurel says:

How cute is this! LOVE IT! I want to make a bunch!

10. 10
    stampingmynn says:

Oooo! Thanks so much for this–your trees are just darling! :) Gonna make these to give as gifts!!!!!

11. 11
    angieblom says:

wow.. how cool is this!! love it. Thanks for playing with wee memories:)

12. 12
    Kathryn B says:

Wow this is such an awesome tree template! I love how you decorated them with the lights and the twine is my favorite one!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

13. 13
    Amy Kolling says:

Wowzers! Look at those amazing trees! Your decorations were perfect! Thanks for playing along wtih Wee Memories!

14. 14

These are so pretty!!!!Thanks so much for playing along with Wee memories This week!!!!

15. 15
    Dr Sonia S V says:

Such a gorgeous project
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V

16. 16
    Kaylyn says:

I love it! Thank you so much for your generousity!!

17. 17
    jill says:

ty!

18. 18

I LOVE IT !!! I ‘VE TRIED IT AND IT’S A BIG SUCCESS !!! THANK S FOR SHARINg!!! VERY GENEROUS !!!

19. 19

Beautifull thank you very much!

20. 20
    melstampz says:

Your design is beyond brilliant. Thank You so much for sharing. :-D

21. 21
    Pat says:

Wow, what a great design, I am looking forward to playing with it!! Thank You!

22. 22