Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog! I am thrilled to be chosen as one of the final 20s for Paper Crafts Magazine 2012 Gallery Idol Contest. I got to chat with the other girls on Facebook over the weekend and am feeling so blessed and grateful. All the girls are so warm, sweet, fun and supportive. I am so glad that I worked very hard for this (19 cards submitted, most of which are new).
This week is Round 2 for public voting (instructions at the end of this post). The theme is You Color My World – Use of Rainbow Colors. And here is my card:
The idea came to me when I was reaching for my glasses: Rainbow is what I see when looking at you – you color my world. I made the cardbase a polaroid by cutting a big square window in the middle on a regular A2 cardbase.
The rainbow is made with a set of nesting circle rings. I colored them each seperately and adhere to a thin piece of printer paper. The coloring dose not need to be perfect -
- Because when you adhere the glasses to the front, it will be flawless :) Cut around the edges. Again, you do not need to be perfect, just cut enough so that it will not show beyond the glasses. I went along the edges with a black marker to avoid any white lines shown.
I liked the shape of this pair of glasses and this one. They are waived of all rights according to the CC0 Public Domain Dedication. So I modified the files to cut it out with my Silhouette. You can download the patterns for both the glasses and the rainbow (sized for using as shown when print/cut at 100% scale) in both PDF and .studio formats:
1. There are many glasses shapes available in the Silhouette online store and other online resources (like the two linked above or this one). I went with a more masculine look but you could totally use a girly girl pair and add jewels or flowers to bling it up. Just have fun with it. :)
2. I find cutting circles by hand (even with a template) is the hardest of all shapes. A set of nesting circle ring dies (like this one) can be a great alternative but you will need to test the combination (resize the glasses pattern if necessary to cover at least 5 circle rings for a rainbow effect.)
If you create something using these patterns (or other freebies I shared) please feel free to post a photo to my Facebook Wall and join my giveaway here. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my patterns in use! :)
1. You’ll need to register with the contest tool to vote, so first go to the “Registration” tab.
2. Once you’ve registered, then click on the “View Entries” tab.
3. Once you select your favorite entry, click on the “Vote” tab. (Make sure you’re really sure because you’re only allowed one vote per voting round!) Find the “Save Vote” button below the card photo and click – done!
If you voted in last year’s competition, you may use the same username and password. (If you forgot, you can have the information e-mailed to you.)
Voting for Round 2 will end Thursday June 7th at noon (MDT). The Final 15 will be announced on Friday.
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting!