Welcome to Day 9 of Waffle Flower Crafts Twelve Days of Gift Giving event!
(@ My Paper Journey
) is an amazing cardmaker who also makes super cute paper crafting projects. When we were planning for this event, her name just popped up! And her project made us WOW again!
Decorate Your Candles with Yainea
Hi there, Yainea here! I'm so excited to be guest designing on the Waffle Flower blog. I hope that you will enjoy my project! I decorated a candle and packaged it with a coordinating tag to give as a special handmade gift. The Holiday Labels - Merry
stamp set is full of Christmas elements that are just perfect for this project!
I always love a handmade gift, I think it means a lot that someone takes the time to make somthing just for you :)
You might think it is hard to decorate a candle and it takes a lot of time, but it is actually not hard at all! Here are some step by step instructions to guide you through the process so you can see how easy it is:
1. Pick your images to stamp on some tissue paper. I used the star ornament and the ornament hanger from Holiday Labels - Merry
stamp set. You can use many different inks for this but I don't recommend dye inks because they smear a lot on this kind of paper. I used Delicata golden ink. I've tried heat embossing the images and it turned out gorgeous too :)
2. Cut each one of your stamped images out, leaving some white space around them and then adhere the cutouts to the candle using a glue stick.
3. Take a piece of wax paper and hold it tightly around the candle. Use your heat tool on the stamped images. If you see the wax starts to cover the stamped image and you could barely see the edges of your cut, then it's time to stop heating. Repeat this process on all images around the candle.
It is optional but I also misted some gold glitter all over the candle for a more festival look. :)
4. We're going to create the tag now. Stamp the holiday label and the sentiment in gold ink and die cut with the coordinating die
. Cut two of the corners from a rectangle of kraft cardstock to make the tag base.
5. Stamp the little stars from the same Holiday Labels - Merry
stamp set on the tag base. Adhere the label we made in the last step to the tag using foam adhesive.
6. Finally, let's pack the candle! Place it in a plastic bag and tie it with some twine adding the tag. And you're done!
Easy, right? I hope you will give it a try! I'm going to make another candle using the snowflake from the same stamp set with blue ink. This gift idea is also perfect for Thanksgiving by using fall leaves on the candle and paired it with a thank you tag. There are many possibilities!!
Thank you so much Nina for having me, it was so fun joining the group of amazing crafters and seeing all the wonderful gift ideas during all this week. Hope that everyone will have a nice day!
Thank you for sharing your talent with us, Yainea! We will definitely give this candle project a try!