Hello everyone! I was inspired by May Park's rolled felt flowers
using our Flower Circles Die
to make my card for today. I used patterned paper instead of felt and thought I should share a few tricks I've learned for conditioning paper to make it easier to roll.
1. Choose a few patterned paper you like. Diecut with the biggest scalloped circle die from Flower Circles Die
2. Slice the scalloped circle diecut open and use the end of a paint brush to shape it into a spiral shape. We call this "conditioning the paper".
3. Wrap the conditioned paper on your finger tip to help shape it into a flower.
4. Lay the rolled flower loose on your table and glue the loose end to the body.
5. Use the end of a paint brush again to roll the tips of the petals out for a more realistic look.
6. Apply liquid glue to the edges and press down firmly on your surface. Hold until the glue is dry.
7. Adhere a foam dot to the back of a enamel dot for the flower center.
Easy peasy, right?
I hope that you are inspired to give it a try! I love it when a die can help me make dimensional embellishments. Flower Circles Die
is now back in stock! Thank you for stopping by! Happy Crafting!