This week's Joy's Life Design Team Challenge is to create a project with something that moves… Well, the ribbon unties to reveal a gift card inside in this project:)
I do not use ribbons much (though I have a ton of them) but now I see why we need a ribbon hole border punch:) I would like to share how I did this with a Mcgills Hand Punch
1. Start with a piece of 4-1/4" x 9-3/4" cardstock, long side at top, score at 1-1/4" and 4-1/4"; fold.
2. Mark every 1/2" starting from the middle on the short 1-1/4" flap (as shown)
3. Punch ribbon holes. This is when I wish I had a border one. You can use a 1/8" hole punch and punch on both sides of the marks as well. As long as your ribbon will go through.
4. Mark the middle two holes on the piece under and punch them out.
5. We are using two pieces of ribbons. thread the first one like so and through the middle one on the outside flap as well. I do not have the color of ribbon so I colored some white ones with a R32 Copic (closest color I have for Zing Aqua Embossing powder.)
6. Thread the second piece of ribbon from the middle two holes outwards as shown: (I just attached the tails on the back using some scotch tape)
Sentiments on both cards are from "Holiday Occasions" set by Joy's Life.
Color palette using Rosettes Color Trends Challenge by Embellish Magazine.
Also for Moxie Fab World: The DIY Embellishments Challenge.
Don't forget to check out Joy's Life Design Team Blog for more cool projects. Happy Crafting!